Monday 8 November 2010

Filming Birds eye view shot

Over the weekend I began to start filming. I placed a pink bag amongst the wet leaves in my back garden, I was aiming for this particular shot to represent how one of the girl bullies has been captured and the vampire girl (main character) has repelled the bag. I wanted the bag to look as though it been aimlessly chucked in the forest. The reason I decided to make this shot Birds-Eye view is because the bag signifies the girly-girl aspect, the colour is sickly sweet which contrasts nicely with the leaves. The leaves consist of dark brown colours these highlight the theme of secrecy as there is a dark secret that is yet to be uncovered. This is shown through the positioning of the leaves as some are scattered over the bag and the pink surface is not completely covered , suggesting the Girls secret is about to be revealed.

The high angle represents how she had no idea about what was coming. Similar to the angle her expectations were also “Up in the air”, the circling around the bag emphasises the extent to which it is a symbol of what has happened.

Here are the videos of what I had filmed;

This footage is  unsteady as I found it difficult I had to hold the camera vertically up in the air , as I  walked around the bag



Again this filming is also unsteady . To achieve the birds-eye view angle I decided to set up 4 chairs around the pink bag, I held the camera at shoulder height as I stepped onto each of the chairs , going in a clockwise direction and then anticlockwise. This was more difficult than being on the ground as I wasn't as stable and found myself concentrating on my balance rather than the actual filming hence why the filming was very unfocused .




In the next video I took I decided to move the camera in a circular pathway a lot slower, this enabled me to achieve a better focus that than i had done in the previous videos, although it still was not perfect. the chairs situated around the bag and my feet can be seen as I'm standing upon the chair. 


No comments:

Post a Comment