Monday 22 November 2010

Completion of first stages of filming

Over the weekend I managed to start the production of my film. In a previous blog I created I set myself a series of goals. Below is a list of things I completed including the goals i did and did not achieve;
I shot the opening scene were the two girl bullies walk out of the school gates , while the vampire girl is walking alone in front of them. The two girls barge past the vampire and cause her to spin veraciously as she is pushed to the side and out of the way.
The first footage I shot wasn’t very focused as the top of the bullies heads were cut off, so i re-filmed it again and then once more so I had a range of consistent shots.



http://www.youtube.com/user/dancergal1909#p/u/16/OwCm5q8cGPc


This shot seemed to work well than I expected I to have. I stood diagonally in front of the three girls which enabled me to achieve the establishing shot that I wanted. Once the girls had pushed the vampire out of the way I followed them with the camera. This way we could see a close-up on their faces and the back of their heads as they walked away.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dancergal1909#p/u/17/2C8jnsiXW3I

The weather on the day was very cold, wet, rainy and foggy. It began to get dark quickly. However this helped more than it did hinder, as it enabled me to achieve that gloomy dark eerie atmosphere that stereotypically you would find within a horror film.


http://www.youtube.com/user/dancergal1909#p/u/14/owMdGED1I6g
I next began to film the tracking shot of the girls feet, I found this to be harder than I had anticipated, although did achieve a couple of shots I was happy with in the end. I filmed the feet of the vampire on the pavement and then of her running. I didn’t manage to take any on the grass however because it was too slippery due to the wet weather.


http://www.youtube.com/user/dancergal1909#p/u/10/tAzw5THXD1k
Because it was so cold I insisted the other girls stayed inside as they were not needed anyway, while I filmed one of the bullies. The shot i wanted to achieve was a point of view, as though there was someone ie; The vampire girl, running after the bully.  The camera footage for this shot is extremely unsteady as it appears as though its through the vampires eyes enabling the audience to almost feel like they are running with her.
The first few seconds are of the bully walking steadily with her bag on her arm , then she suddenly looks around as she realises the vampire is picking up pace in her walking and then begins to run. The bully returns her focus forward and begins to run , as she drops her bag from her shoulder when doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dancergal1909#p/u/11/zjxHPbEqzGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/dancergal1909#p/u/13/YiLsPM0-q0Q
I didn’t manage to take pictures of my actresses as I was not as prepared for doing so. I had no plan of how to position the girls and decided to complete this another time when I had more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment