Monday 13 December 2010

Edited Images


I've took images of my main actress for the ancillary tasks I need to complete, I plan to use the pictures for my poster. Because I took a lot of pictures I've experimented with more than one. The following pictures are the originals and those that have been adapted with the use of Photoshop.

 

The image situated on the right is clearly edited. I achieved the look of the second image by using the tools available in photo-shop. I cropped the image firstly so I wouldn't have as much to cut out of the background. I didn't want the background as It was taken on stairs, although to achieve this shot I needed my model to sit down, in order to gain a slightly canted shot. I chose to shoot a canted shot because it allows the bloody teeth to be seen more clearly.

After using the lasso tool to erase the background , I was left with the single medium close-up shot. I decided to make the image brighter so the splashes of red would be more visible against the black. I then darkened the highlights so the black colouring looked more dramatic, lastly I changed the contrasting levels , this made the image appear a lot more sharper.

I transferred the picture into word processor as the programme allowed me to use the for formatting tools. I used the blur tool so the edges of the image would no longer be jagged, this made it look softer and neater.

No comments:

Post a Comment