Tuesday 14 December 2010

Edited Image 2

Below is the original image I had taken of the actress lying down on wooden floor, I didn’t necessarily want either the background or the floor to be part of the picture. Although I found the angle of the shot to be interesting and different, she has both her hands gripped to the floor as though she is desperate in need of something, in this case human blood. The expression on her face implies that she is frustrated and almost in pain because she needs the fix of blood so badly. As she her eyes peer into the camera it makes the audience feel tense and uneasy as they imagine her popping out of the page, the vampire is ready and rearing to pounce on her victim whom the viewer believes is them.



The following image is the one which I have edited using photo shop, as I mentioned previously I wasn’t happy with the background so decided to erase this out, I then used the lasso tool to crop around the outline of the head and shoulders . I wasn’t too concerned about the wooden floor she lay on as this was dark to begin with, by simply adjusting the brightness and shadows I was able to make it appear even darker. The models nails were originally painted a pale pink, although this did not fit with the characters persona, we didn’t have enough time to paint her nails black so used the paint brush tool to change the colour to black. Similar to the first image I edited I also increased the contrast as the shadowing and highlighting were decreased.
I also cropped the floor so less of it was visible, below is the image presented as a poster which I am in the process of completing.

No comments:

Post a Comment